Hhotaru Review - tote + backpack

Saturday, September 10, 2016


Hello you fluffy human being .。;・+ヾ(♥◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ゚:。・+

Today, I will be reviewing the leather tassel backpack and cities tote from HhotaruHhotaru is owned by Dina (a very sweet, adorable little girl and a close friend of mine) on Tumblr. Hhotaru is a Storenvy based online store that sells a wide collection of items ranging from topsbottomsshoesbags and many more! For those who are going back to school really soon, I highly recommend you to check out the collection of stationary~

I also have a discount code for you all : daisy10 for a 10% off your purchase~

image

Before we start, let me quickly go through the ordering and shipping process ; u ; I accidentally deleted the pictures with these two items in their original packaging otl. The tote and backpack were sent separately.

The tote was the first one to be sent; Dina messaged me on Facebook and passed its tracking number to me on July 21st. The backpack was sent 6 days later and Dina sent its tracking number to me on Jult 27th! I received the tote on August 2nd; in total, the tote took 12 days to arrive! The backpack arrived on August 16th, 4 days afterwards~

image


 cities tote - $20.00
Measurement: 36cm * 40cm

Totes have gotten so popular lately! This tote fits with the current aesthetics; I believe that there's also a t-shirt with this print on it, I saw my friend wearing it before. This tote also comes in white, black and pink. I chose black because the other two colours would get dirty easily and black is beautiful.


What I love about this tote is that it has a zip! I am get really paranoid when bags don't come with zips because I always feel like something will just slip out without me noticing. But yay this tote comes with a zip and it makes everything so much more secure ; u ; both physically and mentally.


There's also a zippy pocket located near the top of the inside of the tote. I normally keep my bus car, keys, lip products and head phones there as it is way easier than to go searching through my whole bag. This bag can fit up to approximately 8 books, each with a thickness of 1cm!


The shoulder straps of this tote is a really decent length; well for me it is. As you can see from the picture above, it goes down to below my butt!


Do you recognize this outfit u w u This tote goes well with any casual outfit and especially with the most popular item at the moment - pleated skirts! I paired this tote with a denim jacket, a ribbed singlet and finally a basic black pleated skirt.


Shout outs to: denim jacket / ribbed tank (from my most recent shein + romwe review)

  individual rating     / 5 hearts

image



Measurement: 30cm * 24cm * 17cm

Unfortunately, the shape of this backpack got a little deformed during the shipping ; n ; There were quite a few creases and the "lid" part of the backpack has some un-unfoldable folds dun dun dun. However, I really like the design of this backpack! It is a minimalistic backpack which goes well with everything~ 


As you can see, the bag is very similar to a bucket bag except it has an extra "flap" on top. There are two zips on either side of the backpack which you can use to alter the size of your "bucket". The golden colour of the zips ties in really nicely with the rest of the backpack and the two golden tassel ends are a nice detail too!


When I wear backpacks like these, I prefer them hanging low //do your ears hang low, do they wiggle to and fro// This is because if they are too high up, it makes you look tensed and it is less comfortable. By the way, when you walk, the two golden tassel ends often clash together BAHABHAA making this very metallic "cling" sound.


Black and white is one classic combo that can never go wrong ; u ; I think this backpack is adorable to take to all occasions. If you dress formally enough, this backpack can also be taken to a fancy dinner! I reckon the black leather + golden details really classy-it-up~


Shout outs to : hat / blouse (from my most recent shein + romwe review)

  individual rating      / 5 hearts

image


 Shipping + packaging :      / 5 hearts

 Communication + customer service :      / 5 hearts

  Comfortability + quality     / 5 hearts

 Overall ratings :      / 5 hearts

image

Thank you for reading my review. Also, a huge thank you to Hhotaru for sending me these sweatshirts. Don't forget that entering the discount code "daisy10" will give you a 10% off your purchase! 


You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe