Sheinside Review (Pt.1 - August, 2015)

Tuesday, August 04, 2015


Hello you fluffy human being .。;・+ヾ(♥◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ゚:。・+  

Today, I will be writing quite a lengthy review for Shein. This review will include four items! These items are: Black Crop Top, Floral Shorts, Black and White Striped Skirt and the Beige Tassel BagShein is an online store which offers free shipping world wide over $30USD orders and they always seem to be having sales. They also have relatively cheap prices for all of the clothing items within the store.

Note : Even though this is a sponsored review, this review is based entirely in my honest opinions.

Since this review will be quite long, I thought I would skip my detailed introduction with the shipping and ordering. However, I will write a brief summary~ Basically, the order of this package is kindly placed by Shein on July 10th. This package was shipped from China on July 14th, it arrived in  a speedy 5 days. I recieved this package on July 20th as I was not at home during the delivery. I am rather impressed this time as it only took 10 days all together!


The items I received are: 

Enough with the yippy yappy, let's get to it!

image



 Black Crop Top - $7.99USD (SALE) + free shipping over $30USD
This is a ONE SIZE item~

I hardly have black items in my closet because I thought it never suited me, I don't look good in black but I wanted a black crop top for a very long time ;; This crop top is actually surprisingly smaller than I imagined. I am super glad that the material is stretchy because if not, there would have been no way for me to fit into this. 


As you can see, it doesn't even fit nicely on the close hanger; this is how small it is! There were a few loose threads there and here. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of this, but something that annoys me is that the tag is sown on. Is not that I mind, it is that I could see the threads that have sown the tag onto the top at the back. It hurts my OCD so bad ;;

Further information:
 Sleeve Length(cm) :17cm 
Bust(cm) :72cm 
Shoulder(cm) :32cm 
Size Available :one-size
Length(cm) :40cm 
Pattern Type :Plain 
Sleeve Length :Short 
Sleeve Color :Black 
Material :Cotton 
Neckline :Round Neck 
Style :Casual

image


 Black and White Striped Skirt - $6.50USD (SOLD OUT) + free shipping over $30USD
This is a ONE SIZE item~

I am super happy and glad that I ordered this skirt just before it ran out of stock! I remember seeing this skirt on online stores and I had to have my hands on one. It gives off this really adorable, sailor-like, anime-like vibe. When the skirt came, it is quite wrinkly~ These types of skirts easily wrinkle up, yes even when you sit down, it will have creases when you stand up again. 


This skirt does not have a zip, however, this skirt has an elastic waist line. I actually prefer elastic waists more than zipped ones because these ones fit me better. 


There were a couple of loose bits around the black stripes of this dress. As you can see from this close up, the black stripes are actually a more ribbony material. The upper layer is a more matte layer. Yes this skirt comes with an underlayer! The underlayer is a much more silkier layer. I was rather worried when this skirt arrived because white skirts can be a little see through. However, this one is not, thanks to the fact that it is double layered~

Further information:
Length(cm) :43cm 
Waist Size(cm) :60-70cm 
Size Available :one-size 
Fabric :Fabric has no stretch 
Pattern Type :Striped 
Silhouette :A Line 
Dresses Length :Above Knee/Short 
Color :White 
Material :Cotton Blends 
Style :Street

image




Are these not super lovely~? I have so much feels and love for these pieces. I am also really glad that they go well with one another. I guess you could wear these two pieces out to almost any occasion. I feel like this outfit is a much more of a picnic outfit. Imagine wearing this to a picnic on the beach oh my. If you do choose to, remember to wear sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun!

This top fits me perfectly. This perfection probably isn't going to fit others as my bust is rather small~ Around 82cm to 83cm. This top ends around 3cm to 4cm above my tummy button. I like how this top brings out my figure more than my other tops; I don't really wear tight fitting pieces because I am really self conscious about my bust area and how stick-like I look.

This skirt fits nicely around my waist. Not too tight and not too loose. I don't think I stretched the waist line by much haha~ This skirt ends around 3cm to 4cm above my knees. It is really light and flowy!

image


 Floral Shorts - $11.99USD (SALE) + free shipping over $30USD
This is a Size L~

Why did I choose Size L? I was scared that these shorts would be too short and 41cm as a length seemed pretty decent for my at the time as my skirts are mostly 40cm~ I have always wanted a pair of floral shorts! Especially ones with pompoms~ Something not so nice about these shorts are that, if you don't pair these right, it would be super granny-like. 就像大妈村姑什么的, 记不记得东北大床单?!! 想想我也是醉了.


These shorts also have an elastic waist~



A couple of pompoms were stuck in the packaging ;; They were caught in the sealed plastic bag and ripped off when I opened the package. I am afraid that these pompoms will loose their shapes eventually as they look really delicate and fragile.

Further information:
Waist(cm) :S:56-76cm,M:60-80cm,L:64-84cm,XL:68-88cm 
Size Available :S,M,L,XL 
Waist Type :Mid 
Waist Type :Shorts 
Pattern Type :Floral 
Color :Red 
Material :Cotton Fit 
Type :Loose Closure 
Type :Elastic 
Waist Style :Street 
Length(cm) :S:39cm,M:40cm,L:41cm,XL:42cm

image



I regret going two sizes up ;; I feel like these shorts are a biit too baggy and too loose in person aiya. I guess a postive about going sizes up is that if helps to cover my really flat butt hehe. Although there are white fluffy pompoms on these shorts, they are not super visible due to the overwhelming floralness of these shorts. I had to pair these shorts with a plain crop top because it would be too much with anything else.

image


 Beige Tassel Bag - $27.33USD (SALE) + free shipping over $30USD

This bag is too adorable, too cute, too everything oh my ;; I really love this small backpack~ I feel like it gives off a really summery vibe due to the tassels. The tassels also help to add some "movement" to the bag and it prevents it from look too "solid". Unfortunately, my slight OCD has caused me to realised that the bag is not geometrically asymmetrical. The left side appears to be more curved than the right side, which is more straight. 


There is also a zippy pocket at the back of this bag~


A random close with to the corner of this bag along with everything else I could find that fitted the colour scheme BAHABHABHABHABH~



Here are a few more close ups:
1. The main zip with two golden handles
2. The two tassels with a black metal tube-like decoaration
3. A pock above the main body of the bag
4. The buckle that alters the length of the straps


This is the inside of this bag~ There are pockets on both sides. On the top side (the picture on the right) has a pocket where you can fit your phone and other small items. On the bottom side (the picture on the left) includes two separate pockets: one is white tab that you could keep something flat and another zippy pocket for more important things.

Further information:
Type :Backpacks 
Style :Fashion 
Material :PU 
Color :White 
Strap Type :Double Handle 
Embellished :Tassel 
Bag Size :Medium 
Bag Length(cm) :21cm 
Bag Width(cm) :8cm 
Bag Height(cm) :26cm

image


Although this is a rather small bag, it is rather thick and it fits around a medium sized plushy and a handful of small plushies c: My favourite part of this bag with be the two dangling tassels~ I would recommend to wear this bag to any casual event, for example, shopping dates, watching movies with friends. You could also pair this bag with the beachy outfit I mentioned above. This bag helps me to carry as less stuff as possible because it is smaller than my other backpacks. I always put useless things in my backpacks as there's more room ;;

image


 Shipping + packaging :    / 5 hearts

 Communication + customer service :      / 5 hearts

  Comfortability + quality     / 5 hearts

 Overall ratings :      / 5 hearts

image

Thank you for reading the review up to this point. Also, a huge thank you to Shein for sending me the Black Crop TopFloral ShortsBlack and White Striped Skirt and finally, the Beige Tassel Bag. Don't forget that this store offers free shipping worldwide for orders over $30USD! Yikes I am back at school again ;; Not enjoying any bit of it. There's no more time to procrastinate because exams are coming up and these ones are important sigh ;; Wish me luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe