Daniel Wellington

Saturday, February 06, 2016


Hello you fluffy human being .。;・+ヾ(♥◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ゚:。・+  

Today is Chinese New Year! Happy Chinese New Year to all of you u w u I hope that you will be healthy and safe this lunar new year and may your goals and aspirations come true~ Today, I will be reviewing the Classy Sheffield 26mm from Daniel Wellington. Daniel Wellington has a beautiful collection of very simplistic watches and comparing to other branded watches, I would say that Daniel Wellington have won my heart and it is a lot less pricey than the other ones. The story of how the founder of Daniel Wellington, Filip Tysander met his friend, Daniel Wellington and started this company up is really inspiring.

 I also have a discount code for you all : DORIIMER for a 15% off your bow purchases~
There is also free express shipping and returns until February 14!

Note : Even though this is a sponsored review, this review is based entirely in my honest opinions.






I've been talking to Linnéa Sundman from Daniel Wellington during the whole shipping process and she's been really speedy and detailed with her replies and she has always patiently answered all my questions. I was told that my watch was sent out on January 27th and I received this package on on February second~ However I was not provided with a tracking number but I believe that was because I didn't ask for one. 

Do not get misled by the picture because the actual package is around one quarter of its shipping bag. However, the bag that contained the watch is really thick and has a bubble wrap underlining!

image


 Classy Sheffield 26mm - $219NZD
Available in silver and rose gold.

Size: 26mm
Case thickness: 6mm
Case color: Rose gold or silver
Dial color: Eggshell White
Movement: Japanese Quartz Movement
Strap width: 13mm
Strap: Leather Strap
Strap color: Black
Interchangeble straps: Yes
Water resistant: Up to 3 ATM (avoid all contact with water)

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the box itself is also leather! The first picture is the leather box, it actually has "DW Daniel Wellington" embedded on its lid but unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of that ; n ; When you open the box, the watch is set into place with a elastic strap on another leather layer. Finally, when you lift that layer up, there are some more little things underneath!

image


These are the things found inside the box: (from left to right)
The watch, Limited Warranty sheet, Daniel Wellington Manual, Spring Bar Removal Tool.


Limited Warranty sheet
This sheet of paper explains the warranty and what you can do if the watch comes but if damaged. I actually didn't read it because there are too many words ; n ;



Daniel Wellington Manual
This manual explains how to set the watch, ie- how to change the time, how to change the straps and what everything means.


Spring Bar Removal Tool
This is a little tool you can use to remove the straps and change them into another set ; u ; I think this is way I like Daniel Wellington watches. It is because you can purchase different straps and this means that having one dial opens your possibility to many more watches.

image


The length of the Classy Sheffield 26mm is around 20cm.
The width of the straps is 13mm.

This dial is really elegant and dainty. I chose the 26mm because my wrist is really small and the bigger ones would look heavy on me. However, I did have a hard time deciding on which one because everyone had the larger ones and they looked really nice ; u ; Not many people has the smaller ones. 

I chose silver because silver looks nice on me ; u ;


Here are some close ups! The buckles are also silver to match the dial hehe. These are leather straps but there are also nato straps! Leather is more classy and durable in my opinion but nato is more playful and lively u w u The leather straps are made from Genuine Italian leather.

The dial itself has a silver case and there are 12 delicate diamonds (don't think they are real) that stands for every number on a normal clock. There are only two hands: the hour hand and the minute hand. At first, I thought my watch is broken because it didn't move; but that was because there's no second hand so it took one minute for the hands to move.
The dial has a Japanese Quartz Movement!


There "DW" and "Daniel Wellington" carved in at the back of the straps! As you can see in this picture, there's a perfect threading around the edges of the leather straps to prevent them from falling apart.


This dial has is water resistant up to 3ATM. However, it is best to avoid all contacts with water in case the dial gets malfunctions! There is also "DW" and "Daniel Wellington" on the base of the silver case. 


Family photo ; u ;
There are watches for both genders. Men watches on the other hand is pricier than the women watches. I think that is because the men's collection has a larger dial. Ones with larger dials are a bit more expensive. 

Daniel Wellington is actually known for their nato straps but they also offer leather straps. From what I've seen around, both straps are head to head with their popularity. Quality wise, the leather strap wrinkles and folds start to appear once you wear the watch; this happens to all watches but I was a little heart broken to see that happen. I think this doesn't happen to nato straps because it already have these folds and they are more flexible. It really comes down to personal preferences.

image






I curled and died my hair when I went back to China u w u


I think if I was to go out somewhere, I'd bring these with me u w u


I am not sure if you guys know but I wear glasses tada!

image

 Shipping + packaging :      / 5 hearts

 Communication + customer service :      / 5 hearts

 Overall ratings :      / 5 hearts

I am not a watch person and I haven't worn one since the end of my primary days ; u ; I recently decided to get my hands in one because well, university is coming up and maybe this is the time when I start wearing watches again.

I would say that this is a pricey watch, no doubt. However, for its quality and simplistic design, I would say it is quite worth it. A lot of branded watches are really expensive and comparing to those ones, these ones aren't too bad. 

Everything about this watch is beautifully put together. However, something that really bugs me is how the straps automatic gain folds once you start wear the watch ; n ; Maybe next time, I would choose a nato strap one.

image

Thank you Daniel Wellington for kindly sending me the elegant Classy Sheffield 26mm! Make sure you use "DORIIMER" for a 15% discount during this month and during Valentines to get free express shipping~ I don't have a Valentines but I received a watch from Daniel Wellington, so he can secretly be my Valentines this yeat ; u ; Thank you for reading and have a lovely whatever time it is over there~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe