Stylemoi Review (Pt.2 - January, 2015)

Sunday, January 11, 2015


Hello you fluffy human being .。;・+ヾ(♥◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)ノ゚:。・+  

 Today, I will be writing a review for Stylemoi on the beautiful Draw String Trench CoatStylemoi  is an unique, online clothing store with a huge collection of different styles such as such as street style essentialssnuggle up in cool sweatersparty like it's 3012 and much more! Not only is this, they offer free shipping worldwide~ Something different about this store is that they have a special page full with different blogger's co-ordinations with their items.

Note : Even though this is a sponsored review, this review is based entirely in my honest opinions.



For this package, I received its order placement email on December 23rd, 2014. I later on received its shipment email on December 27th, 4 days later~ Stylemoi also kindly provided me with a tracking number which I found extremely useful during the later stages of this package's shipping. This little box of wonders finally arrived at my door step on January 6th, 2015. The shipping only took 10 days! I reckon it is really speedy considering that it is free shipping + tracking number hehe.

The items arrived within a solid plastic box. My favourite part of this is how the box has a Stylemoi logo and the word "Thanks" on it. I think it is really sweet and thoughtful of them. Not only is this, it makes this package look more unique and different from the other packages I have received.


The items were wrapped in sealed plastic bags; each of them have their own bar-code and name stuck onto the bags. The jewellery was placed within a little bubble-wrapped pouch; the bubble wrap ensured another, stronger layer of protection. There was also a receipt-like paper that come along with the items. I was a little surprised to see all of these items fitted into such a small box.

The items are : Retro Ring Set (placed inside the white bubble-wrapped bag), Cross-strap Lace Jumpsuit (placed in the plastic bag behind the ring set), Draw String Trench Coat (the last one of the pile).

image


I've always wanted a draw-string coat and I really liked this one when I saw it~ It has a really interesting cut around the neck area. I like how it doesn't have too many buttons that are visible. It is simple but it is also rather dynamic due to the flaps around the neck area. Because it is light, it is flowey and the material adds a lot of movement to this piece~ 

  1. The collar and the shoulder golden button
  2. The flappy part around the neck



I am happy to say that I didn't find many loose threads on this piece. The material of this coat is quite soft and really pleasing to touch. I am not quite sure what the material of this coat is though. It is also rather thin, therefore this coat would best suit spring and autumn~  I guess that even though this is called a coat, it doesn't really feel like a coat. The back of this coat is more "peaceful", if I am to describe the back. There are also quite a few folds that keep it from looking too plain.

  1. The middle folds
  2. The button (which I just found out that it's for the folded sleeves)

This is the drawstring part of the coat~ It is adjustable. The two little adjusting parts are made from plastic. The drawstring is made from black elastic. As you can also see from the picture, there are two pockets; one on each side of this coat.


image












 Draw String Trench Coat - $33.99USD + free shipping
The one I am wearing is size M and the colour is beige.


I actually had quite a difficult time pairing this coat. It is the first time I have worn something like this so I got a little confused as to what to wear with this. Most of the pictures on Google showed people wearing a closed trench coat with jeans which I felt was a bit too old and traditional for my age. Well, this coat doesn't look like those trench coats anyways. I thought I'd pair this coat with shorts and a plain singlet as these tend to give off a really energetic vibe.

I also paired this coat with a laced jumpsuit for a more flirty and playful look. This would be quite cute to wear on dates as the lace of this jumpsuit gives off a romantic vibe. Also, if you feel like that the sleeves are a bit long, you could fold them up for roll-up sleeves~ I actually just realised the roll-up sleeve haha.

image

 Shipping + packaging :      / 5 hearts

 Communication + customer service :      / 5 hearts

  Comfortability + quality      / 5 hearts

 Overall ratings :      / 5 hearts

The colour of this coat is the same as the one shown in the stock photo (beige). However, I feel like that the coat in the stock photo look slimmer and longer. This coat goes up to around my mid thigh and I am 168cm tall~

I think those two golden shoulder buttons decorates the coat nicely, it adds a bit more shine to the coat. I just don't like how it is made from plastic. Also, the two buttons that hold up the roll-up sleeves seem a little out of place. It doesn't really link to the overall coat. A little awkward, if you ask me. I really like this coat. Even though that it doesn't feel as heavy as a coat, that it feels like a light jacket, I think it is a great piece to store in your closet. It is suitable for spring and autumn as the material is quite thin. It reminds me of falling autumn leaves. 

image

Thank you for reading the review up to this point. Also, a huge thank you to Stylemoi for sending me this elegant Draw String Trench Coat. Don't forget that this store offers free shipping worldwide! I hope that everyone's 2015 is off to a wonderful start. Don't worry, only around 300 days till Christmas again. You will make it! We will be fighting along side of you~

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, can you comment on the sizing at stylemoi? you mentioned that you ordered the trench in size M. is that your typical size? or do their sizes run a little small? I would like to order from them but am weary of sizing

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe